I was browsing my Facebook page when a promotion from Toroverde - Jebel Jais Flight popped up. It was offering a 54% discount from its regular price for you to experience the world’s longest zipline. It is a no-brainer since ziplining is on my bucket list.
One problem though - Jebel Jais is 250 kilometers away from Abu Dhabi and it would take around 4.5 hrs to travel. As there are no shuttle buses provided by the company to the Jebel Jais mountains, I don’t have any other options but to ask my friends to accompany me. They agreed but did not have the courage to join me at the platform, they patiently waited at the parking lot.
As captured on the video, it was an exhilarating experience. If the location is nearer, I would do it again, especially since the goggle was not placed properly. I needed a new video. To those who are interested to try it, some of the key facts (source)
- What’s the Jebel Jais Flight? The World's Longest Zipline Certified by Guinness World Records
- How many? 2 zipline, 2 people at any 1 time in 'Superman' (laying belly-down) position
- How far? A single span of 2,832 meters How fast? the average speed of 120kph
- Duration: 1 hour (total)
- Breathtaking Launching Platform located at 1,680 meters above the sea level
- Transparent flooring Suspended Platform floating in the middle of the mountain